Richard Apat has concentrated his practice on helping severely injured clients since the day he graduated law school and was admitted as an attorney. He helps families; mothers and fathers, sons and daughters and their extended families and friends that have been injured because of the negligence of another. To see how Richard works for his clients, see what they have to say.
Most cases involve personal injuries from motor vehicle accidents, workplace related accidents, various premises accidents, product liability cases, slip and falls, trip and falls, dog bites, negligent building owners, landowners, etc. Because the cases he handles generally involve severely injured people, they are all worked up for trial with an understanding that only a successful outcome brings fair and just compensation to his clients.
The litigation and trial skills he has honed by doing personal injury cases have also allowed him to apply his expertise to COMMERCIAL, REAL ESTATE AND BUSINESS LITIGATION. Richard has litigated numerous types of real estate cases including adverse possession, specific performance, down payment forfeiture, partition actions, commercial cases, non-compete agreements, breach of contract, constructive trusts, construction litigation and litigation against insurance companies.
Richard is dedicated to helping others and has volunteered as a Big Brother with the Big Brother Big Sister program of the Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services in New York City.
Areas of Practice
- Animal Bites
- Assault & Battery -- Plaintiff
- Aviation & Mass Transit Accidents
- Business & Commercial
- Car Accident
- Defamation & Privacy -- Plaintiff
- Eminent Domain
- Foreclosure & Alternatives
- Land Use & Zoning
- Landlord-Tenant Personal
- Injury Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Real Estate
- Wrongful Death
- New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1991
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Queens County Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice
Past Employment Positions
- PAFSS, 1992 to 1992
- Law offices of Gladstein & Isaac, LLP, 1990 to 1992
- Law offices of Conrad Rybicki, Esq, 1988 to 1990
Pro Bono Activities
- Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services, Big Brother Big Sister Program, Big Brother